Have you ever wished someone would pay you to workout? It’s the dream, right?!? Well, here are Five Ways Steps Earn Money. It seems like everyone is looking for an incentive to get that workout in or even hit that step goal. (At least once you come out the other side of the obsession with your step count…you long time fitness tracker wearers know what I’m talking about!)
Well, I’ve figured out five ways my steps earn money.
Nope, I’m not a professional athlete. I’ve put my steps to work for me by linking up to different apps and programs. Some require that you start the app at the beginning of your step, but the majority are in the background. After some initial set-up to link your tracker or another app, you will receive notifications once you earn points. Basically, it is an effortless way to earn with your steps.
I personally use the Fitbit Surge to track my steps, heart rate, sleep and more. But you can track with the Garmin Vivo or other tracking devices.
- Achievement – The app pays you $10.00 once you earn 10,000 points. You can earn it by tracking your steps, tracking your sleep or even tweeting about your healthy activities. I’ve recently started using the app and I’m on my way to my first 10,000 points. It links with several different fitness apps like Fitbit and Strava. You can join Achievement too! If you use my referral link, we can each earn bonus points.
- Sweatcoin – You earn sweat coins by taking steps outside. You will need your phone with you in order to track the steps. You can redeem the coins for discounts or even full sized products.
- Walgreens– Connect your fitness tracker along with other apps to earn balance reward points. Once you get it all set-up you don’t have to do anything to earn points from your steps.
- Charity Miles – Give a little with every run, walk, or ride. You can download the app and start earning money for one of the many charities listed. It is as simple as starting the app when you began getting your miles. If you are doing the Runner’s World Holiday Run Streak, you may already have noticed the partnership. I’ve been using it on my daily mile walks with my dog. Download the Charity Miles app today to start giving.
- Dicks Sporting Goods – Sign up for the free ScoreCard bonus rewards program at Dicks and connect your fitness tracker. It is as easy as that to start earning points for in-store credit. Each time I reach 10,000 steps with my Fitbit, I earn 3 points. (If you have a Garmin, you can connect that as well.) Or if you log 3 miles with MapMyRun or MapMyFitness you earn 3 points daily. For every 300 points, you get $10 reward to shop at DICK’S Sporting Goods.
Give one or all of these ways a try. The good things is even if you don’t have a tracker you can still earn. It will take a bit more effort but Achievement and Walgreen both let you connect fitness apps such as Strava or Map My Run or manually enter your workouts. Make sure to check the rules for the timing but you can still earn.
I’m currently using them all while doing this year’s Runner’s World Holiday Run Streak. What a better way to have 40 days of awesome than to give a little and get a little all at the same time. Also, check out these 5 creative ways to get in a mile or more a day.
Do you have any other ways to make your steps work for you (and others)?
Telling you to maximize your steps,
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
TJ Tells It | COPYRIGHT © 2017 · TJ Hadley