Welcome to TJ Tells It, your straight talk guide to the fitness lifestyle for the woman looking to begin a fitness journey or looking for a dose of weekly inspiration with a real accounting of lessons learned (the good and the bad) by a non-traditional fitness junkie.
I am TJ and I am telling my fitness journey so you can have a journey of your own! I am here to help you get started and always keep moving forward.
I help newbies and non-traditional runner, walker, weightlifter, fitness junkie to begin a journey that will continue for a lifetime. The idea is that the journey is one step at a time. Not every step will look the same. Actually, I strive to help you find the steps that work for you. Also, I show you that every choice, squat, morsel, and thought is a step in the journey keeping you always moving forward.
Have you ever said:
- I could never run, lift weights, take a spin class, complete a 5K, 10K or even a marathon
- I don’t have time to workout
- I don’t look like a fit person
- I need to lose weight before I start working out
- I need to get faster before I do a race
- I can’t lift weights because I don’t know where to start
- Afraid to go to the gym because you don’t know where to start
- Dreading the first mile
- Confused about how to fuel for your runs
- Lacking inspiration after the last big event
If any of these thoughts apply to you, then you are in the right place! I know what it feels like to be the slowest person in a race. I know what it feels like to be in a new group fitness class. I know the frustration of losing inspiration along the way.
A little more about me:
I am a person who went from couch potato to dabbler to running and working out with a purpose. I want everyone to try a new workout. I am a person who loves to motivate others by trying something new — new groups, new nutrition or new distances with my story from the party in the back finisher forward.
A few random facts to help you get to know me:
- Zoey is my dog who is a drama queen and sweetheart (with a penchant for sighing and mini-blind destruction)!
- I read a lot (Over 100 books or audiobooks in 2016). If someone recommends a book I will read it. I hoard library cards to support my book habit
- I love food–shopping for it, cooking it, eating it, talking about it
- I was born in Belgium courtesy of the US Army but grew up in Georgia
- I love a good deal–I coupon, earn points and share my methods
- I am a cancer survivor
- I will tell you the truth if asked
- I am a Southern Cal Trojan FIGHT ON!
- I don’t like to wear shoes but I appreciate the pretty ones.
Each fitness journey is different. Subscribe to follow along with weeks-in-review, recipes, tips, tricks and so much more!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
TJ Tells It | COPYRIGHT © 2017 · TJ Hadley